Stratton home burns down at Snider

The home of long-time West End resident George Stratton, 96, who has lived along Highway 101 at Snider for the past 42 years, was lost to a fire on Thursday, Nov. 30. Stratton lost all his belongings along with his dog Cocoa.

Stratton's family are sending out thanks to the fire companies from Beaver and Forks who kept their grandfather comfortable and warm in the aftermath of the fire.

Funds are being raised to help Stratton, who is still active at 96, resettle in Forks. An affordable 24- to 28-foot trailer, household and pet items are being sought. Cash donations to help out Stratton are being accepted at the Bank of America in Forks. His contact phone number is 374-9044.


We encourage an open exchange of ideas on this story's topic, but we ask you to follow our guidelines for respecting community standards. Personal attacks, inappropriate language, and off-topic comments may be removed, and comment privileges revoked, per our Terms of Use. Please see our FAQ if you have questions or concerns about using Facebook to comment.
blog comments powered by Disqus

Read the Oct 13
Green Edition

Browse the print edition page by page, including stories and ads.

Browse the archives.

Friends to Follow

View All Updates