- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Fun Days come to Clallam Bay and Sekiu
Paint a fish for a fence, try on your poker face and get ready for fireworks by the bay as Clallam Bay and Sekiu once again celebrate Fun Days this weekend, July 12-14.
New this year, the Three Sisters of Clallam Art Gallery will lead children in decorating the town, helping them with supplies and art expertise to paint fish that will be posted around the streets during Fun Days.
Main attraction will be the Grand Parade, which takes off from Weel Road at 11 a.m. and winds past parade fans to Bogachiel Street.
Fireworks at the Breakwater Inn provide a dazzling cap to Saturday, beginning outside the inn at dusk. An auction for the inn’s fireworks display will be in the bus garage after the parade.
Artists are encouraged to enter works in the Messy Palettes Art Show. Residents of the Cape Flattery School District and members of the Messy Palettes Art League can submit up to five original works for no entry fee. Ribbons and cash prizes will be awarded in adult and children’s classes based on votes from art show attendees.
Poker plays a large hand in the celebration, with a poker game in the Lion’s Club Friday night and a poker ride around the area Saturday morning.
The Lions Club’s annual barbecue will feed festival-goers in the parking lot of Gary’s Pay & Save on Saturday.
The Friends of the Library will be selling historic photos and used library books throughout the weekend to fund the library branch’s programs.
Vendors will dish out tasty vittles alongside crafters and carnival games along vendor row.
The work of amateur shutterbugs can be spotted throughout the three-day festival in the Chamber of Commerce’s Visitor Center just off the Strait Highway.
• Amateur photo contest viewing and judging — Chamber of Commerce Visitor Center, all day.
• Kids Fish Painting —
Three Sisters, 16950 Highway 112, all day.
• Friends of the Library local historic photo sale — School bus barn, 16933 Highway 112, evening.
potluck social —
• Poker game — Lion’s Club, 90 Bogachiel St., 7 p.m.
• POKER RIDE — Sign-up in school parking lot at 8:30 a.m., ride departs at 9 a.m.
• Kids Fish Painting — Three Sisters, 16950 Highway 112, all day.
• Lion’s Club Barbecue — Gary’s Pay & Save, 16755 Frontier St.
• Messy Palettes Art Show — Sekiu Community Center, 10 a.m.- 6 p.m.
• Friends of the Library book sale — Clallam Bay Library, 16990 Highway 112, 10 a.m.- 5 p.m.
• Grand Parade — Preceded by kids’ parade, grand parade runs from Weel Road to Bogachiel Street, 11 a.m.
• Kids games — After parade on the hill above vendor row.
• Breakwater Inn Fireworks Auction — Bus garage, following parade.
• Breakwater Inn Fireworks — Annual gala explosion, 15582 Washington 112, dusk.
• Fun Run — Run from Sekiu to Clallam Bay. Sign-up begins at 9 a.m., race at 10 a.m., awards at 11 a.m.
• Messy Palettes Art Show — Sekiu Community Center, 10 a.m.- 4 p.m.