- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
Forks man dies of suspected heroin overdose
The Clallam County Sheriff’s Office reported last week the death of William Strampher from what is believed to be a heroin overdose.
Strampher, 60, was found unconscious in his home on Steelhead Avenue Thursday morning, Aug. 29, after a friend phoned emergency crews.
Medics found Strampher unconscious and not breathing and took him to Forks Community Hospital, where he was pronounced dead.
An official cause of death will be determined by the County Prosecutor’s office, which also acts as coroner.
A report from the Sheriff’s Office said needles with heroin and methamphetamine residue were found in Strampher’s home.
The Peninsula Daily News reported Strampher had a record of drug activity, having pleaded guilty for delivery of methamphetamine and heroin in October 2008.