Chimney fire burns Beaver home

A chimney fire displaced four people from their home in Beaver early Friday morning.
Clallam County District 1 fire crews responded to the fire on Tyee Ridge Road near
Lake Pleasant in the early morning hours Friday.
The blaze had spread to the attic by the time firefighters arrived, shortly after 1:30 a.m.
Crews extinguished the blaze in about two hours and left the scene around 5:30 a.m., containing damage to the roof and attic, according to Assistant Chief Wes Romberg.
They believe the fire began in the chimney before spreading.
Romberg said the people in the home are staying in a motel temporarily.

We encourage an open exchange of ideas on this story's topic, but we ask you to follow our guidelines for respecting community standards. Personal attacks, inappropriate language, and off-topic comments may be removed, and comment privileges revoked, per our Terms of Use. Please see our FAQ if you have questions or concerns about using Facebook to comment.

Read the Oct 27
Green Edition

Browse the print edition page by page, including stories and ads.

Browse the archives.

Friends to Follow

View All Updates