FREE TAX-AIDE SERVICE STARTS IN FEBRUARY!
IRS-certified AARP TAX-AIDE volunteers will be available again this year to prepare and electronically file tax returns at several sites in the Clallam and Jefferson County area. The service is free of charge. The TAX-AIDE program is sponsored by the IRS and the AARP Foundation, and is available for low-and-middle-income taxpayers of ALL ages.
The IRS certified TAX-AIDE volunteers will be available starting on Feb. 5, 2022 and throughout the tax season, which extends until April 15, 2022. You must make an appointment at all locations. There will be no walk-in services provided. We will begin taking appointments in January.
• Forks Concerned Citizens Center, 945 S. Forks Ave. Appointment Required 360-461-3642
• Port Angeles Senior Center, 328 East 7th St. Appointment Required 360-457-7004
• Sequim Shipley Senior Center, 921 E. Hammond St. Appointment Required 360-452-6147
• Tri-Area Community Center, 10 W. Valley Road, Chimacum. Appointment Required 360-390-4014, option 4
• Port Townsend Community Center, 620 Tyler St. Appointment Required 360-390-5250 (NEW)
• Quilcene Community Center, 294952 US-101. Appointment Required 360-316-1339 (NEW)
Virtual Trivia Nights with NOLS
Join the North Olympic Library System (NOLS) for a fun night of trivia on Zoom! Play on your own or make a team using text, video chat, phone, or, perhaps even yelling out the window with your neighbor.
There are three more Trivia Night events coming up this winter.
• Thursday, Dec. 30, 6:30 p.m.: Popular Music History – Ring in the night before New Year’s Eve and test your pop music knowledge of the past 100 years!
• Friday, Jan, 28, 6:30 p.m.: Geek Game On – Bring your game face to this trivia night with questions from Star Wars, Star Trek, and Stargate.
• Friday, Feb. 25, 6:30 p.m.: Sweets & Baking. Whether you embraced 2020 quarantine baking, or stuck strictly to watching Bake-Off and Nailed It, show what you know about how to bind, fold, cream, and whisk in this trivia competition that’s sure to stimulate your sweet tooth.
Registration is required to receive Zoom link and info for team play. For more information about this program, visit www.nols.org, email [email protected], call 360-417-8500, or stop by your local NOLS branch.