• Department of Health is currently contact tracing the newest positives in the West End. Remember, exposure is defined as being within 6 feet of someone for more than 15 minutes, without a mask. Questions concerning COVID-19, testing centers, and possible exposures can be directed to Department of Health at 360-417-2274. The two positive cases are related.
• Long Term Care is requesting donations for resident Christmas Stockings. Visit forkshospital.org/christmas-in-long-term-care/.
• Influenza Vaccinations are available for ages 6 months and older. Please call ahead to confirm the influenza vaccination for patients aged 65 and older is in stock. Call for an appointment today.Bogachiel Medical Clinic – 360-374-6998
Clallam Bay Medical Clinic – 360-963-2202
Forks Family Medical Clinic – 360-374-3280.
COVID-19 TESTING AT FORKS COMMUNITY HOSPITAL
• Forks Community Hospital IS NOT A COVID-19 TESTING CENTER. Forks Community Hospital is a Public Hospital with Rural Health Clinics.
• COVID-19 testing must be ordered by a provider.
Forks Community Hospital follows Department of Health guidelines for testing and does not recommend ordering testing until 5 to 7 days after a true exposure* to COVID-19 or 24 hours after the onset of non-life-threatening symptoms to allow time for the viral load to develop (allowing enough time for the virus to be detected). This will increase the accuracy of the COVID-19 test and lower the probability of a false negative. *A true exposure is defined as being less than 6 feet from a person that has been confirmed to have tested positive for COVID-19 within the last 14 days, for longer than 15 minutes, without wearing a facial covering.
Patients who develop COVID-19 symptoms or patients experiencing shortness of breath will be tested as the provider deems necessary.
Forks Community Hospital recommends that at least 3 days (72 hours) have passed since recovery* prior to returning to work. * Recovery is defined as resolution of fever without the use of fever-reducing medications and improvement in respiratory symptoms (cough, shortness of breath) and 10 days have passed since symptoms first appeared.
It is not necessary to be tested after a positive COVID-19 test; you can remain positive for many weeks but will no longer be contagious.
What type of COVID-19 test is used at Forks Community Hospital?
Forks Community Hospital Laboratory performs COVID-19 (SARS-CoV-2) testing using the “gold standard” method: Polymerase chain reaction (PCR) that detects viral DNA in specimens collected from the nasopharyngeal cavity.
What is the turnaround time and accuracy of the test used?
The procedure takes 45 minutes and is performed 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
The test detects 98% of COVID-19 Positives and 100% of COVID-19 Negatives.
I am traveling to a state that requires a negative COVID-19 test prior to boarding the plane; can I get my test at Forks Community Hospital?
Forks Community Hospital follows Department of Health guidelines and all testing must be ordered by a provider based on patient symptoms.
COVID-19 Testing Centers provide tests to non-symptomatic patients.
Call Department of Health at 360-417-2274 for all information regarding COVID-19, COVID-19 testing options, and testing center locations.