The first settlers arrived on the Beaver Prairie in the 1880s. The consolidated Beaver School District was organized in Sept. 1914 and Beaver settlers named Kidd donated three acres of land to the district in 1916.
Harry Cotton was the main architect and builder of the two-room brick structure on Beaver Hill. During construction Cotton, his wife and son George lived in a tent on the property. The cost of the building was $6,000.
The dedication for the new school was held Nov. 18, 1916.
In 1928 a one-room primary school was built. Later teachers’ cottages and a play shed were added to the property. The gymnasium was completed in 1937.
Students originally attended until eighth grade, beginning in the 1920s older students began being bussed to Forks.
The main structure was used as a school until 1968 and in the mid-1970s it was put up for bid selling for around $35,000 to the LDS Church.
It was remodeled when used as a church and the play shed and remaining cottages were removed.
The structure was renovated again in 1991 to serve as a home for David and Susan Goff.