The Port of Port Angeles Board of Commissioners selected 25 projects to fund via the Port’s 2019 Community Partner Program. 2019 is the fifth year that the Port has run its Community Partner Program to fund projects in economic development, education, tourism promotion, and community events. Since the program’s inception in 2015, the Port has awarded $342,680 to small cities and non-profits in Clallam County via the Community Partner Program.
The 2019 projects range from community events to construction projects. The complete list of 2019 Community Partner Program award recipients, can be found on the Port of Port Angeles website. To learn more about the Port’s Community Partner Program, please click on ‘About Us’ and then ‘Community Support.
A total of $73,580 was awarded this year. West End recipients of community Partner Program funds are:
• Forks VFW Post 9106-Gold Star Families Memorial Monument-$2,500
• Forks Chamber of Commerce-Year Round Logging and Mill tours-$1,790
• Forks Timber Museum-Outdoor pavilion construction w/CLT panels-$8,000
• Neah Bay Chamber of Commerce-Eagle Fest event expenses-$1,500
• West End Thunder-Drag race event fees-$2,000
The Port will begin accepting applications for the 2020 Community Partner Program in the fall of 2019 so mark your calendars and check the website for more information. For specific questions about the program, contact Holly Hairell at 360-417-3454 or email her at [email protected]