The Forks Chamber currently has designated funding for two $1000 scholarships. Any current graduate of Forks High School, Forks Alternative School, or the Quileute Tribal High School may apply.
All info and application here – forkswa.com/wp-content/uploads/pdf/Scholarship.pdf
All Applicants must meet the following requirements: Min. GPA 2.5 Admitted to, pending admission to, or actively enrolled at an undergraduate College, University, and /or accredited educational institution. The applicant must have served or is currently providing community service at a nonprofit organization of choice such as, but not exclusive to: Forks Visitor Center, Forks Timber Museum, Forks Food Bank, Windfall, Sarge’s Place, Forks Chamber of Commerce; and/or as a participating member of one of the following committees: 4th of July Committee; Twinkle Light Parade, Forever Twilight in Forks Festival, Hickory Shirt Heritage Days.
Scholarship Application Package Requirements:
1. Package must be received by the deadline, May 20
2. Include a Cover Letter stating your wishes for a scholarship from FCC. Summarize how this funding will impact your educational / career goals. Explain how these goals will empower you and your community.
3. Provide two letters of recommendation (one from a Teacher/Mentor AND one from your Volunteer Program Supervisor)
4. Include your personal FHS profile/resume
5. Most recent FHS transcript
Selection is based on the following: 1) Your contribution(s) to the community of Forks* 2) Aspirations/ Strategic Plan 3) Financial Need 4) Required components and Neatness
Applications must be submitted by May 20th to: Forks Chamber of Commerce Attn: FCC Scholarship Committee P.O. Box 1249, Forks, WA 98331 Or drop off at the Forks Visitor Center 1411 S. Forks Ave. Forks, WA 98331 Please call first 360-374-2531 *If needed, Volunteer Opportunities are available upon request via Forks Visitor Center/ Chamber Office or Forks Timber Museum