Glenn Robert (Bob) Johnson Johnson

In loving memory of Glenn Robert ( Bob) Johnson. Born March 8,1932 passed away February 6, 2015. Bob was preceded in death by his parents Penny & Frances and his brother Kieth, and his High School sweetheart Dollie, they were married just 3 months short of 50 years. He is survived by his present wife Sandy, Bob’s 3 children James (Polly), John(partner DiAnna), Janet (Ron) West. Sandy’s 2 boy’s Lance ( Beth) and Joey Freeman. Together they have 9 Grandchildren, 14 Great Grandchildren with 1 in the chute, and 3 Great-Great Grandchildren.

Bob was born in Byron, Wyoming. He spent his younger years on Whistle Creek where he was a loving young boy helping on the ranch. Moving to Powell where he met Dollie while he was in the office on detention and she was getting makeup work from being sick. They were married May 27,1950.

Bob worked as a Ranch foreman on the homestead, they raised Black Angus cattle, Karakul Sheep, and Appaloosa horses, he spent many years riding the range, milking cows, birthing lambs, shearing sheep and irrigating crops, went on round-ups and all the jobs of a rancher. Bob also drove school bus, worked in the oil fields and did woodworking to support his family.

Bob and his family rode horses in parades all over WY with matching silver saddles and portraying the Nez Pierce Indians riding Appaloosa horses. They were even invited to ride in the Rose Parade in Pasadena CA.

They camped in Yellowstone, Big Horns, Tetons, Bear Tooths, North Fork. Bob’s dad had a boat in Yellowstone Park and we spent many weekends fishing and camping. Bob was a family man from the very beginning. Always making time to be with Dollie and the kids even after working many long hours

Due to Dollies health he moved his family to Orange County CA for the next 15 years. Bob worked at UCI for a few years and started a part-time window washing business to help provide his boys with an income. The business flourished into a full-time business for he, his wife and boys, 2 nephews and a friend for many years until he got wanderlust.

Bob and Dollie moved into their travel trailer and started working summers in Yellowstone, Kansas, Oklahoma, Virginia and various places doing construction, working in the oil field and various things and playing most of the winters. They then followed the Fair circuit and Home Shows selling and demonstrating different products with their son John.

When Dollies health started to deteriorate they got off the road and settled in Beaver, WA. Bob and Dollie bought a mobile home in Old Chief Trailer Park and he gutted it and remodeled it with the help of John and lots of the members of the Forks Branch of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. Bob helped Ron and Janet build the Forks Mini Mall and with the help of many of the member of the Branch. The Love and fellowship and his love of the Lord brought him and Mom back into activity in the church. Bob ran the Cabinet shop in Clallam Bay Prison helping teach the inmates a trade to rehabilitate them back into society. Receiving many letters thanking him for teaching them woodworking and how to be a better person. After Dollie passed away he dedicated his life to working in the Seattle Temple and still helping the members of the church with many work projects. He really missed Dollie and hated living alone. This is when he met Sandy Freeman and they were married in December of 2001.

They moved to Cave Junction, OR. where they worked in the Medford Temple. He again served helping many families rebuilding homes, chopping wood, helping Jim build his new home, barns, fences and much more. This time he was also able to go hunting and 4 wheeling and getting to know Jim and Polly and touching many more lives in Cave Junction.

Bob started having health issues and they found he had Sarcoidosis a disease that slowly starts attacking major organs. Bob didn’t let this slow him down he still worked harder than most young men. He lost the sight in one eye about 4 years ago and then about 2 years ago he lost the sight in his other eye, it affected his kidneys, lungs, and heart. Dad never was one to be served he was always serving others. This was a hard thing for him to learn to accept. About a month ago he was out running the log splitter on a firewood project. He was still making picture frames in his shop. Living life to the fullest that he could to touch others lives for good. Even his last night in the hospital he was trying to serve people in his dreams all night. He never gave up loving and being there for those that he loved.

It seems he had a few years of his life really touching each one of his children’s lives in their adulthood that we will be ever grateful for. Bob was a dedicated son, husband, father, grandfather and friend and loved serving anyone who needed help in any way. A Memorial Service for him was held in Cave Junction, OR where he passed and also in Forks, WA where his 3 kids placed his ashes next to his “Sweetheart” Dollie.