Each year the Olympic Peninsula Art Association offers scholarships to students interested in pursuing a career in Visual Arts, Art Education, or Commercial Art. The scholarship is open to all Clallam County High School Seniors.
Deadline for the 2018 portfolios and applications is 4 p.m. April 7.
Top Portfolio Awards include a $500 Scholarship to encourage students to continue their creative studies in college and beyond. Art portfolios may contain a maximum of six artworks. The works can come from one medium or a combination.
• Two-Dimensional: (2-D artwork must be mounted or matted for display in the annual Members Art Show)
• Drawing-colored pencil, pencil, ink, marker, pastels, charcoal, etc. (Charcoal and pastel drawings must be fixed.)
• Painting-oil, acrylic, watercolor, etc.
vPrintmaking-lithographs, silkscreen, block prints, etc.
• Graphic Design-abstract, fabric, cartoon, comic/graphic novel
• Digital Imaging- Computer generated art
• Collage- (Must be two-dimensional)
• Mixed Media-use of more than two mediums
• Three-Dimensional: (If photos are submitted for consideration, original work must be available for display in the annual Members Art Show)
• Sculpture-carving, modeling, assemblage; metal, wood, glass etc.
• Ceramics & Pottery
All entries must be received before 4 p.m. April 7. Scholarship application with portfolio of work(s) will be accepted April 6-7 at the following locations:
• One of a Kind Gallery, Landing Mall, 115 E. Railroad Ave., Port Angeles.
• Blue Whole Gallery, 129 W. Washington St., Sequim.
For more information and a copy of the application form students should go to the OPAA web site: www.sequimarts.org. Additional information is also available by emailing Allyne Lawson at [email protected]