Rural Development Initiatives invites Clallam County residents to participate in the upcoming West End Rural Community Leadership class. This FREE program, supported by Benjamin Phillips Fund, Medina Foundation, and the Marie Lamfrom Foundation is based on the belief that thriving rural communities develop from a broad base of skilled and motivated leaders and a collaborative network of diverse local organizations.
The Rural Leadership Program delivered by Rural Development Initiatives:
• Focuses on developing the community leadership capacity of individuals
• Is completely free and includes tuition, meals, and materials
• Asks only that participants contribute their time and commitment to complete the class program.
• Will take place beginning in September 2022. Classes will be held virtually and in-person at a Forks location on the following dates:
Sept. 22, 5:30 -7 p.m. October 6 & 7, 5:30 –8:30 p.m. / 9:30 am–2:30 p.m.
Oct. 13, 5:30 – 7:30 p.m. Nov. 3 & 4, 5:30 –8:30p.m./ 9:30 am–2:30 p.m.
Nov. 17, 5:30 – 7:30 p.m. Dec. 1, 5:30 – 7:30 p.m.
Feb. 9, 2023, 5:30 – 8 p.m. March 30 & 31, 5:30 -8:30 p.m. / 9:30 a.m. -11:30 a.m.
• The deadline to register is Aug. 25. Space is limited to 25 participants so register early!
Area residents who wish to gain new tools for making positive change in the local community are encouraged to register. A typical class consists of approximately 25-30 individuals (from high-school students to retired seniors) with leadership experience ranging from new/young to emerging to seasoned.
For more information contact Christine Gilmore, [email protected] or 208-631-1734.