• The Central Check-In Station will be OPEN the day AFTER Thanksgiving and on Christmas Eve.
• Bogachiel Clinic will be open for same-day appointments only on Friday, Nov. 27, 2020.
• West End Outreach Services will be closed Nov. 26-27, 2020. If you are in need of mental health services after hours or on days West End Outreach Services is closed, please call 1-800-843-4793.
• If you would like to read a recap of Governor Inslee’s new restrictions please visit: forkshospital.org/governor-inslee-announces-new-restrictions/
• Clallam County is experiencing a high rate of positive cases. Over the past 14 days, there have been 64 new confirmed cases of COVID-19 moving use from “Moderate” to “High” on the Washington state risk assessment dashboard. At this time, we ask that our community members and visitors redouble their efforts to remain safe and help lessen exposure.
* Wear a Mask
* Practice Good Hand Washing Skills – wash hands more than 15 seconds with soap and warm water or use hand sanitizer, rubbing hands together briskly until dry.
* Social Distance
* Limit Travel When Possible
• If you think you may have been exposed to COVID-19, you are urged to call the Department of Health at 360-417-2274. They will take you through the process step by step to determine if you require isolation and/or COVID-19 testing.
• TO AVOID A FALSE NEGATIVE COVID-19 TEST RESULT, YOU NEED TO WAIT FOR 5 TO 7 DAYS AFTER A COVID-19 EXPOSURE TO BE TESTED! TESTING TOO EARLY IS KNOWN TO RESULT IN A FALSE NEGATIVE AS THE AMOUNT OF VIRUS IN THE BODY HAS NOT BUILT-UP ENOUGH TO REGISTER ON A TEST.
• Questions concerning COVID-19, testing centers, and possible exposures can be directed to Department of Health at 360-417-2274.
• Long Term Care is requesting donations for resident Christmas Stockings. Please visit https://www.forkshospital.org/christmas-in-long-term-care/.
• Influenza Vaccinations are available for ages 6 months and older. Please call ahead to confirm the influenza vaccination for patients aged 65 and older is in stock. Call for an appointment today.
*Bogachiel Medical Clinic – 360-374-6998
*Clallam Bay Medical Clinic – 360-963-2202
*Forks Family Medical Clinic – 360-374-3280
• If you or your family does not have insurance, here is a Department of Health resource -https://www.doh.wa.gov/YouandYourFamily/IllnessandDisease/Flu/NoCostVaccines
COVID-19 TESTING AT FORKS COMMUNITY HOSPITAL
Forks Community Hospital IS NOT A COVID-19 TESTING CENTER. Forks Community Hospital is a Public Hospital with Rural Health Clinics.
COVID-19 testing must be ordered by a provider.
Forks Community Hospital follows Department of Health guidelines for testing and does not recommend ordering testing until 5 to 7 days after a true exposure* to COVID-19 or 24 hours after the onset of non-life threatening symptoms to allow time for the viral load to develop (allowing enough time for the virus to be detected). This will increase the accuracy of the COVID-19 test and lower the probability of a false negative. *A true exposure is defined as being less than 6 feet from a person that has been confirmed to have tested positive for COVID-19 within the last 14 days, for longer than 15 minutes, without wearing a facial covering.
Patients who develop COVID-19 symptoms or patients experiencing shortness of breath will be tested as the provider deems necessary.
Forks Community Hospital recommends that at least 5 days (120 hours) have passed since recovery and 10 days have passed since symptoms first appeared prior to returning to work. * Recovery is defined as resolution of fever without the use of fever-reducing medications and improvement in respiratory symptoms (cough, shortness of breath).
It is not necessary to be tested after a positive COVID-19 test; you can remain positive for many weeks but will no longer be contagious.
What type of COVID-19 test is used at Forks Community Hospital?
Forks Community Hospital Laboratory performs COVID-19 (SARS-CoV-2) testing using the “gold standard” method: Polymerase chain reaction (PCR) that detects viral DNA in specimens collected from the nasopharyngeal cavity.
What is the turnaround time and accuracy of the test used?
The procedure takes 45 minutes and is performed 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
The test detects 98% of COVID-19 Positives and 100% of COVID-19 Negatives.
I am traveling to a state that requires a negative COVID-19 test prior to boarding the plane; can I get my test at Forks Community Hospital?
Forks Community Hospital follows Department of Health guidelines and all testing must be ordered by a provider based on patient symptoms.
COVID-19 Testing Centers provide tests to non-symptomatic patients.
Call Department of Health at 360-417-2274 for all information regarding COVID-19, COVID-19 testing options, and testing center locations.
• The Texas Twilight Group members Monique Messman, Joyce Krivanek, and Rebecca Sosa – your donations to Long Term Care will allow for a lovely gift purchase. We appreciate that you continue to keep Forks in your thoughts throughout the Holidays.
• Thank You Kathleen Bentley, Katie Kruger, and Debbie Perkins for your donations of Christmas stocking items for the residents in Long Term Care. The residents will feel loved and remembered.