Planning for Rainfest is underway and there are a variety of activities planned. The dates are April 20-22.
The schedule will be packed this year as the Rivers and Ocean Festival falls on the same weekend due to the timing of a favorable tide for the ocean clean-up and the fact that Earth Day is also on April 21. The full schedule will be available in the Forks Forum and on Facebook later.
Here are some of the highlights:
• There will be an art show and art sale on both days and a book sale.
• Opportunities for making art will include finger painting for all ages, card making and creating from plastic bags, cedar basket weaving and spinning your own yarn. You can make a shopping bag out of a T-shirt at the library — some shirts will be provided. And of course, there will be quilting classes and the amazing quilt show — how can that many new quilts be created in just one year?
• The visual extravaganza will be the River and Ocean Film Festival — don’t miss this. These outdoor photographers have created beautiful short films that showcase our outdoor treasures and the work being done to protect our resources.
• Have you ever wanted to drift a river? You will have the chance during Rainfest provided by the local guides.
• And you can learn to dance with a friendly group of students and teachers. The basic steps will be featured; no partner needed.
So plan to take advantage of these activities which were originally planned to provide something fun for the rainy season.