Reece Depew and Cole Baysinger are planning a Trophy Event and West End Sportsman’s Club membership drive on Saturday, March 3 from 10 a.m. until 6 p.m. at the Rainforest Arts Center, 35 N. Forks Ave.
The event is Depew and Baysinger’s high school senior project. Both credit West End Sportsman’s Club with their development as outdoorsmen, through hunter safety classes and use of the clubs’ shooting range. “The membership drive is the most important aspect of this project because that is where we got our start,” the pair shared.
Criteria for the trophy event:
• All mounts are welcome, (Big game, small game, fish, waterfowl).
• Also welcome are European skulls, horns, and sheds.
• Official scorer will be on hand to score trophies
• Pictures of trophy kill, favorite moments from the hunt, etc.
• Pre-register your mount(s) is appreciated.
• Early set up will be March 2 from 6-9 p.m., please bring mounts by between those times if possible.
• All participants will be entered in a drawing to win prizes
For more information or to register contact Reece Depew at 360-640-4604 or Cole Baysinger at 360-640-0636.
A Blacktail mount will be on display along with a 400-inch bull elk and 200-inch mule deer.
Lunch, BBQ pulled pork sandwiches, plus pop or water, will be available for $5 from noon-2 p.m.