10. I am thankful for all of the power outages that remind me to not take electricity or hot water for granted. My customers however, are not thankful for my lack of showers on these days that I am without hot water.
9. I am thankful that the Navy thought so much of Forks that they delivered us a fake, cookie-cutter apology. “We apologize that the people of Forks felt that they were not informed. We intended for you to not be informed, but we are sorry that you found out.”
8. I am VERY thankful that none of the Ebola victims seem to be Twilight or Mick Dodge fans! Goodness knows that the disease doesn’t seem to be stopping any of them from traveling.
7. I am thankful that our new Rainforest Arts Center is going to be completed soon. I am even more thankful that it does not have a flat roof, contrary to popular belief.
6. I am thankful that the Forks Police Foundation put together an awesomely creepy haunted house. That being said, my husband mentioned that the gruesome, horrifying scenes came straight out of our local police officers’ imaginations. So that’s kind of disturbing.
5. I am thankful that our small community always rallies behind and raises money for those in need. I am also thankful that we never seem to get sick of spaghetti!
4. I am so thankful for my informant at the police department who always lets me know when certain police officers are on a ticket-writing spree. My journalistic integrity prevents me from naming names, but thank you Rick Bart!
3. I am thankful that tourist season does not last year-round here and that my sanity gets a break for a few months. May through September is good enough. You know what they say about too much of a good thing …
2. I am thankful that Sully’s does its part to eliminate identity theft by carding me every time I try to use my debit card. I’m not as thankful when I forget my ID at home.
1. Last but not least (actually probably most important of all), I am super thankful for our home-grown editor who knows what the people of Forks want to read. There’s no joke there. Christi is really great.
I hope everyone has a happy and safe Thanksgiving! For questions, comments or if you need to know where the speed traps are for your holiday travels, e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org. I’ll have the scoop.