Three days of Christmas season festivities bring holiday cheer early to Forks, LaPush and Clallam Bay this weekend.
Breakfast with Santa
On Saturday morning the Breakfast with Santa fundraiser is being held at the Forks Congregational Church’s fellowship hall beginning at 8 a.m. a full buffet breakfast is served, and photos with Santa are available.
Festival of Trees
The annual Festival of Trees opens Saturday afternoon at the Bank of America building in Forks at 1 p.m. and features theme-decorated Christmas trees sponsored by local businesses. The trees are auctioned on Sunday afternoon. The event is sponsored by the Soroptimist of the Olympic Rainforest. Proceeds from tree and wreath sales help sponsor programs that benefit women in the West End community.
Clallam Bay Post Office is center of holiday celebration
The Clallam Bay Post Office is holding its annual Customer Appreciation Day on Tuesday, Dec. 7. Events include:
• Santa Claus will be at the post office from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.;
• The annual Great Cookie Bake-off winners will be announced, with participating bakers asked to bring in a dozen-plus-two Christmas-style cookies plus a copy of their recipe to the Clallam Bay Post Office by Monday Dec. 6, or right at opening of the post office on Tuesday, Dec. 7 at 9 a.m.
• Photos of kids with Santa will be made available by Postmaster Linda Dillard in exchange for a can of food plus $1 donation to the Clallam Bay Food Bank.
The Great Light the Town contest is also being planned by the Clallam Bay/Sekiu Chamber of Commerce with judging on Wednesday, Dec. 15. Homes from Clallam Bay to Sekiu through to Chito Beach are eligible. Judges award points based on originality, most lights and something unique in the display. There are three categories: one for local businesses and two for homes, with homes falling into small houses and large houses categories. Winners will receive Santa Bucks redeemable with local merchants in the Clallam Bay area.
Cherish Our Children program announced
The annual holiday fund raiser for needy children sponsored by the Quileute Tribe and the City of Forks is set for Friiday, Dec. 3 at the Akalat Center at LaPush.
The theme this year is “Twilight.”
The event features:
• a fund raising sea food dinner starting at 5 p.m. featuring salmon, clam chowder, scalloped potatoes, fry bread, buckskin bread, spaghetti and hot dogs;
• silent auctions for valuable items including custom craft items;
• a live auction for a wide variety of donated items beginning at 6 p.m.;
• a silent auction table set up especially for children;
• photos with Santa;
• local artisans selling crafts for holiday gift giving.
All proceeds are donated to the Quileute Housing Authority and to the Forks Santa’s Workshop program, which both provide gifts to West End children. For more information call 374-6262 ext. 256.
Twinkle Light Parade
The annual Twinkle Light Parade runs down Forks Ave. in downtown Forks on Saturday evening, Dec. 4 beginning at 6:30 p.m. Christmas-themed floats sponsored by local organizations are decorated with lights for the parade.
Immediately following the Twinkle Light Parade is the Moonlight Madness sale in downtown Forks. The heart of down town is blocked off and shoppers walk the streets, taking advantage of specially-priced merchandise at local stores. Peninsula College is sponsoring a concert by the Loose Gravel blue grass band at the Forks extension of the college from 7 to 9 p.m.
A Holiday Bazaar is being held in the Forks High School Commons on Saturday, Dec. 4 from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. The event features crafts made by local artisans and is a Relay For Life benefit.
Friends of Forks Library holding Moonlight Madness book sale
Twilight items sent to Forks by author Stephenie Meyer’s publisher Little, Brown Books for Young Readers are being sold at the Friends of the Forks Library’s book sale set for Saturday.
The Friends of Forks Library is holding a book sale on Saturday, Dec. 4 from 11:00 a.m. to 1 p.m. and again during the Moonlight Madness sale in downtown Forks from 6:00 to 9:00 p.m.
The book sale is being held in the Forks Library Conference room located on the north side of the library.
This book sale features a large and varied collection of fiction paperback books in gently used condition. It also features Twilight-themed T-shirts, posters, and new books sent to the library by Stephenie Meyer’s publisher. All are very modestly priced and would make great gifts.
All proceeds directly benefit the Forks Library.