The Annual Kid’s Fishing Day is this Sunday, May 6, from 6 a.m.-noon at the Bogachiel Hatchery rearing pond.
This fun event is sponsored by the West End Sportsmen’s Club and Pacific Coast Salmon Coalition.
• All children 12 and younger can fish.
• There is a special fishing area for children 5 and under.
• There is a five-fish limit. Keep the first five fish you catch, no catch-and-release.
• Children should fish. Adults may assist children if needed.
• Poles and bait are provided free of charge.
Snacks, cocoa and coffee are available. Donations are welcome.
Special thanks to Pacific Coast Salmon Coalition, Bogachiel Hatchery, Sol Duc Hatchery, Elks Club, Edna Leppell, Forks Outfitters, West End Sportsmens Club, Brent Gagnon of West Waste and the many volunteers who assist with set-up, clean-up and running the event.